“The Bible says He knows our frame and remembers we are dust. God knows the frailty and finiteness of your flesh and mine. And when we come into difficult circumstances and feel there is no way to overcome the situation, Jesus is right there with us. He knows all about us and it does not turn him off. The same Son of Man that came to seek and save the lost also came to destroy the works of the devil. The devil paralyzes and terrorizes human minds and then condemns you because you are afraid. The adversary will have a hay day with you from now until six months from Sunday unless you say to Jesus I come to You Great Lover of my soul. You have loved me first, I come and set into motion the processes through the Word in prayer that I seek You and that You will deliver me from all my fears. I trust the Holy Spirit to rebuild the walls of my soul that have fallen down, with Your Presence, not my selfishness. The Perfect Love of God will serve as the mortar to keep the walls together which is going to fashion a place of defense and with that there begins to return the color back to the bruised place because Jesus has come to set at liberty those who are bruised (emphasis mine).
(1) You say to Jesus I come to you. It takes real faith to put one foot in front of the other and come when your passive mind can’t see one glimmer of light. Having walked the path before those I teach, I encourage them with Psalm 119:105. It says “Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Studying the word lamp implies it lights one step at a time because the darkness is dense! The idea is to trust God by faith one step at a time.
(2) By coming, the progressive process of healing your inner person (negative thinking patterns) is set into motion. We all like progress. In the midst of emotional pain, we all wish someone would snap their fingers and it dissipate. God’s timetable is not our timetable. As my journey has progressed, I’ve learned to trust His timing.
(3) You trust the Holy Spirit to rebuild the walls of your soul with His Presence. Just like it takes times to frame a house, so it is with rebuilding the walls of the soul. Amazingly, the new building material is HIS PRESENCE which replaces our broken down, selfish walls.
(4) The perfect love of God serves as the mortar that fashions a place of defense. Buried in negative thinking patterns is the defenselessness of stopping them. The emotions feel naked and raw! As God’s progressive healing continues, the perfect love of God is added. It serves as mortar in the walls of His Presence, fashioning a new place of defense!
(5) And eventually the bruise disappears! I have experienced this first hand! Remember, it is progressive, not overnight. Ecc. 3:11 says everything is beautiful in His time.
I pray these words are implanted in your hearts, take root and bring progressive healing!
 Jack Hayford, “Discerning and Dealing with Fear” (January 26, 1994).